Monday, October 6, 2014

Mushrooms...

     Things were so busy last week!!!  I was on my bi-annual writing retreat and finished up a bunch of editing on Metamorphosis.  I'm almost ready to share it with the world!!  Are you ready?  I feel like it's Christmas in October! 
     So, this next passage is from one of my favorite scenes in the whole book!!  I cannot wait for you guys to read the whole thing but here's a sneak peek.

                                  Skyla
“Skyla?” Jey’s voice breaks through the darkness.  “Can you hear me?”

“Yes,” I grumble but don’t open my eyes.  There’s a strange swirling sensation that is making me quite nauseous. 

“Can you stand?”

“No,” I groan.  My stomach’s churning now.

“Did you eat something while I was gone?” Jey prods.

The very thought of eating makes me gag.  “Butterflies,” I say through clenched teeth.  I remember eating butterflies; sick, morbid, black butterflies that are now swirling around in my stomach.

“You ate butterflies?” Jey repeats. 

Didn’t he see them!?  How could you miss a whole flock or whatever you call a huge mass of butterflies? 

“Did you eat anything else?” he asks curiously.

A rush of heat spills through my body and I barely manage to sit up before I empty the contents of my stomach all over the ground and myself.  Groaning, I lie back down.

“Mushrooms,” Jey whispers almost to himself.  “Oh, Sky.  Why’d you have to go and eat those?”

     Hehehehe....I'm laughing because I know where this scene ends up.  Oh, how I love suspense!!  Anyhow, have a good week y'all and Happy Reading!!  I'll see you in a week!!

A

No comments:

Post a Comment