Monday, September 8, 2014

We All Fall Down...

      Wow!  Has it been a whole week already?  That flew by.  And now, here we are again, ready and raring for Teaser Tuesday! 
     Last week, I finally introduced you to the inner workings of Jey's mind.  Did you like it?  If you're not quite sure yet, don't fret.  I've got plenty more than that to share.  But for this week let's go back to our lovely, kick-butt heroine, Skyla.  Did you guys miss her?  I know I did!! 
     So, this time when we meet up with Skyla, she's in a little bit of peril.  Shocker!  She's always getting into some form of trouble or another. :) Let's join up with her and see what she's up to.


                                          Skyla

There’s no air.  Here in the sky, where there should be an abundance of it, there isn’t any.  My chest contracts, the force of the wind sucking all the oxygen out of my lungs.  I can’t even scream.  I just fall, helplessly, my life ticking away like seconds on a clock.

Clouds whiz by me, their wet fog brushing harshly against my skin.  Every touch is like ice, stinging painfully against my flesh.  Instinctively, I curl myself into a ball, trying to avoid their sharp fingers.

For years, I’ve dreamt of this, wished for this.  Now, in a cruel twist of fate, I would rather be anywhere than here. 

My body shudders from lack of oxygen.  The world blurs into a haze of blue and black and gray.  I try to remember how I got here in this place of pain, but nothing makes sense.  The only thing that is real is the torment as my lungs slowly cave in on themselves.

In the distance, I see a light amongst the clouds, a hairline fracture in the white fluff.  It calls to me, like a siren, beckoning me to come near.  I reach out with a shaky hand, trying to grasp the warmth that is just barely out my grasp.

Without warning, my throat closes violently.  I choke on a last burst of air, convulsing like I’ve been electrocuted, and then, there is nothing…

     Intense, right?  I'm so glad I'm not her right now!!  Anyways, have a good week guys!  I'll see you next week when I'll be back with a new snippet.  Happy Reading!!!


A

No comments:

Post a Comment